Do you ever press the pause button on your life and think to yourself about what little actions you can do to bring more happiness or less stress to your life?
Today I’m going to challenge you to do that.
Take 15 minutes. Sit down with a pen and paper.
Brainstorm a list of small things you can do and have in your life, to make it go more smoothly or to add a bit of extra happiness to your days. I’m calling this the
Life is Better List.
Here are some examples from my list.
Life is better when:
- I get 7-8 hours of sleep per night
- I don’t check my work e-mail at home
- I plan my meals before the grocery store trip (check out our meal planning guide on the home page)
- I read fiction
- I make my bed in the morning and then my bedroom looks cleaner
- I keep basic life essentials on hand like toilet paper and products we use each week, so I don’t have to stress about running to the store at the last minute (at an inconvenient time)
- When I have healthy food in the house AND chocolate in the house
- When I have quiet time to journal or pray or think each day
- When I keep the house mostly picked up (studies show clutter is stressful for Moms)
- When I plan key pieces of the weekend before the weekend starts
- When I limit how much TV I watch and don’t watch it right before bed
- When I have orange scented products to use – here’s one I’ve liked
- When I get some time for myself after a long stretch of taking care of my kids
- When I have something to look forward to: fun plans, a trip, a night out or time with friends
As I look over this list, many of these things are boundaries that work well for me. Some are about planning ahead. Some are about taking good care of myself so I can feel my best. Think about those things for you.
Also think about what little things bring a smile to your face? What little things help your life run more smoothly or take away some of your stress? What makes your life better?
Make a list. Brainstorm as many items as you can. Then write out your favorites and post your Life is Better List somewhere you can see it often. How can you incorporate those things into your life more?
Pick one each week to focus on and add to your daily and weekly routines.
The more you invest in deciding what makes your life better, and following through to make that happen, the happier and calmer you’ll be.
Keep the conversation going in our Facebook Community.
DISCLOSURE: SOME OF THE LINKS ABOVE ARE AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING IF YOU CLICK THROUGH AND MAKE A PURCHASE, I WILL EARN A COMMISSION AT NO COST TO YOU.