As someone who enjoys using essential oils, I’ve tried out a number of brands. I’ve been interested in essential oils for many years and have been using them more consistently for the past few years. My family has enjoyed having ‘problem solvers’ in the house that can keep us healthier, help us stress less and help us sleep better. My brand of choice is Plant Therapy.
Here are the top 10 reasons why
- Quality control – Plant Therapy’s standards are some of the strictest in the industry. They are first organoleptically tested by Robert Tisserand, a leading oils expert. Robert has been evaluating essential oils professionally for over 40 years. Then the oils are sent to one of several third-party laboratories where they undergo multiple tests including Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (also known as GC/MS testing). Every batch goes through both rounds of testing. You can find out the exact batch your bottle of oil came from, they track them that closely.
- Kid safe – Certain essential oils should not be used with children. Plant Therapy has partnered with a leading expert in the industry, Robert Tisserand, to create a line of oils specifically geared to be safe for children. You can use their kid safe line with confidence. Try out (or learn more about) the kid safe oils here.
- Organic – For most of the essential oils they sell, both an organic version and a non-organic version is offered. For our family, we like to eat organic whenever possible. I like that I can choose to purchase my essential oils to be organic as well.
- 90-day money back guarantee – If, for any reason, you are unhappy with your Plant Therapy product, they offer a 100% money back guarantee within 90 days.
- Family run company
- Reasonable prices – Essential oils can vary widely in price and quality – from what you’d buy at a grocery store, to multi-level marketing options, to independent companies. I’ve purchased oils from MLMs and from independent companies. Plant Therapy’s prices are very reasonable in that greater scale.
- A company that gives back – Plant Therapy partners with a number of charities. They funded an orphanage and the creation of 4 wells in Liberia to bring shelter and clean water to that area.
- A rewards program – With every dollar you spend you earn points towards future purchases.
- You aren’t committing to a monthly order – You can subscribe to an oil if you choose to and that will allow you to save money but there are no monthly commitments to earn rewards.
- Fast, free shipping – Free 2-5 business day shipping within the US.
- Bonus Reason- these oils are effective – Of course – it is so important that they work well!
I would highly recommend checking out Plant Therapy’s list of top 50 best selling oils and how to use them.
Here is a great starter set of some very popular and versatile oils.
Our favorite Kid Safe oils are:
Germ Destroyer – Protects your kids from cold and flu bugs. Put a few drops in a diffuser with water to disperse through your home.
Sniffle Stopper – Since young kids can’t have cold medicine, it’s nice to have this as a tool with those runny noses that happen all winter.
Nighty Night – My kids love this oil. They call it blue oil. It helps them calm down faster at bedtime and helps with more restful sleep through the night.
Geranium Egyptian – This is my extroverting oil. What do I mean by that? I put in on before or after parties to relieve the stress of all that talking to people! It is amazing. This is also a great one to promote focus if you’ve got a big project to get done.
Lavender – There are thousands of uses for lavender. I like to put a couple drops on my pillow before bed to help me sleep better. Lavender is awesome for minor skin irritations too. We always travel with it for sleeping and for sunburn relief. It is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and also promotes new skin growth.
Oregano – This oil is: antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. I like to use it around our house in the winter to protect against sickness.
Some other fun things to try with your oils:
Carrying case to store your oils in so that they are in a cool dark place where they will last the longest.
Carrier oil to mix with the essential oils.
If you want to make your own sprays, rollerballs and mixtures, try out something like this.